Raising Sex Positive, Kink Friendly Kids LB134
This week, we’re going back to a topic we’ve touched on in the past — parenting and BDSM. Instead of talking about how to get your kink on when you’ve got kids, let’s talk about how to raise kids to accept the sexuality, kinks, and genders of themselves and others.
In this episode:
- We’re on hiatus for a week for a much-needed vacation.
- Kayla went on a calm but firm Twitter rant/thread about talking to kids about sex.
- The conversations might be hard to do, and you’ll likely stumble through them, but they need to be had.
- Too many kids learn about sex from porn. Porn is fun and great (most of the time), but that’s not the best place to learn — especially not the free tube sites.
- You can talk about these things at any age and keep it age-appropriate. We’ve had conversations where we talked about concepts like consent and kink without every saying BDSM or sex.
- Think about how you felt (assuming it was negative) when you discovered your kinky nature. Is that how you want your children to feel when they discover something sexual about themselves?
Links from the show:
Being a Parent in a D/s Relationship (episode 46)
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!