“Tests” in D/s Relationships LB103
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 55:01 — 37.4MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
We’re a little bit ranty this week, but it’s all for a good cause. A new-to-us red flag appears to be submissives being “tested” on their D/s relationship without knowing it, without consenting to it, and without cause. Are there ways to prove yourself to each other in a D/s relationship? Definitely but not the way it’s been described by confused, upset, and/or angry submissives.
In this episode:
- Our giveaway winner for the 100th episode is….LewdVulpine! Find her on Fetlife or in the Loving BDSM community!
- We know there have been problems with the website. We’re working on it with great help, and hope to have it better as soon as possible.
- Tests aren’t required in D/s.
- You can have challenges or tests in your dynamic but only if it’s negotiated and agreed to by both of you.
- “Testing” a partner without their consent and then punishing them if they fail is wrong, lacks consent, and manipulative.
- The real “tests” aren’t tests at all.
Links from the show:
5 Real Ways to Prove Yourself in D/s Relationships
From Daddy’s Desk: Silence as Punishment (YouTube video)
Message or friend us on Fetlife
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!