Navigating Stress Before It Happens in D/s Relationships
This week’s episode is brought to you by our own personal stressors and more inspiration from Therapy Jeff! We’ve mentioned in the past that – when you can – it can be helpful to discuss how you might handle stressful things before they happen. In this episode, we go through several scenarios — kinky and non-kinky — to model what that conversation might look like.
In this episode
- Check out our Halloween Diabolical Sticks over at the Kinkery!
- This episode was inspired by Therapy Jeff and a Reel he made talking about 11 stressful situations to talk about and figure out before they occur.
- We’re taking a few of those suggestions and adding in a few D/s specific ones, too.
- This is how we handle those situations. You may have a completely different approach and that’s okay. We’re only trying to model the conversation and potential solution for you.
- Stressful situations
- Around family member(s) who upset, stress, or trigger you
- Feeling overwhelmed by job or professional obligations
- In pain, sick, or feeling bad (physically or mentally)
- Everything that can go wrong does go wrong
- Aftermath of an argument when you’re both feeling sensitive
- Dom makes decision that sub disagrees with
- Kink scene goes wrong
- You disagree on whether a stressful/big moment is appropriate for your power exchange
Links from the episode:
Our mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!