Mental Load in Power Exchange
This week, we’re talking about the mental load each partner carries in power exchange. It’s a topic that touches on a lot of previous conversations: decision fatigue, burnout, the need for self-care, and on and on.
A big thanks to the non-kink world for discussing this in vanilla cis-het relationships on Instagram so I (Kayla) could make the connection in our D/s relationship, lol.
Your milage may vary (as always) but hopefully this one helps start a conversation with a partner or some internal processing for yourself about the mental load you carry in kinky relationships.
In this episode:
- Thanks to Beducated for sponsoring! Use code LOVING to save 40 percent off an annual pass.
- We’re going live Friday night, June 16, at 9:30pm ET on YouTube! Join us!
- What does “mental load” mean?
- JB shares his perspective as a Dominant
- Kayla shares her perspective as a service submissive.
- Communication doesn’t fix it, but it’s still important in dealing with it.
Links from the episode:
Check out Beducated | Use code LOVING for 40 percent off an annual pass
Our mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!
Watch the episode: