Following a Submissive’s Lead in Power Exchange
Yes, the hallmark of power exchange is that the Dom leads (or controls or has power, pick your term) and the submissive follows (or submits or serves). But that won’t always be the right path forward in every situation. Sometimes a submissive is the person best suited to a task or situation. They may need to take the lead and help navigate the situation. In this episode, we talk about why this happens, how to think about it if you don’t like the term “lead” and why we think it’s so important.
In this episode:
- Thanks to Elegantly Owned for sponsoring!
- Enter the Podcast Anniversary Giveaway!
- Friday, August 20 is the virtual munch on YouTube
- We’ve done an episode on submissives leading a transition into D/s and/or helping a partner find their Dom side.
- This is more about leaning on a submissive’s strengths and why it’s a good idea.
- It can be a type of service
- You may have a better outcome
- Sometimes it makes more sense
- Rely on expertise and experience of the most qualified person
- May be required in a situation
- This allows your submissive to shine and thrive
- Doms shouldn’t believe or attempt to take on every leadership moment, especially if they’re not qualified.
Thanks to our patrons: Mr. Spock, Teishu, Matt A., wildkitten306, Jenn C., and Cdc
Links from the episode:
August Virtual Munch on YouTube | August 20 at 9:30pm EDT
Our mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!