Falling for Rhea | V for Vibes Review
Disclosure: We received this product in exchange for an honest review.
Vibrators are very much a part of our sex life and our kink life. We use them during penetrative sex. We use them for orgasm control fun. And I use them as the easiest and quickest way to not only get off but to get off multiple times.
When V for Vibes offered to send me the Rhea wand vibrator, I was definitely interested. My preferred vibrator style is always a wand massager. The big head gives me the “surround-sound” sensation I prefer, and I can usually move it around at will and still get off. This is a very good option when my clit becomes so sensitive from the first one or two orgasms that she’s practically begging me to stop. Not unlike the way I beg John Brownstone to stop when he decides to hold a vibrator against my clit for a few forced orgasms.
About the Rhea
It vibrates at both ends!
The top is the wand massager great for external stimulation. But the bottom is curved slightly with a bit of a bulbous end designed, clearly, for internal G-spot stimulation. I’m not much for G-spot vibrators. I’m a clit-girl from way back. Thankfully even “G-spot vibrators” are great for the clitoris.
A few other details to know about the Rhea:
- It’s rechargeable and charges fairly quickly. While it’s charging, the buttons blink. Once it’s fully charged, the light stays on (no more blinking).
- Both ends of the vibrator have multiple settings (10 on each side). I prefer the solid, steady options on both low, medium, and high. Patterns only annoy me — in any vibrator.
- It’s made of really soft silicone. The sensory feeling of holding it is really luxurious. It doesn’t feel cheaply put together.
- Rhea was smaller than I imagined from the picture on the website. Either that or my hands are huge. But she’s still got plenty of power.
- The buttons are easy to use. In the center is the power button, and the button on either side is for the vibrator on that end. There are literally arrows on the button to show you which side you’re turning on and adjusting.
- The wand massager end has a flexible neck that made it easy to move around and adjust while I was using it. On the G-spot end, you get a firmer material, but not uncomfortable.
Because it’s a double-ended vibrator, I can’t help but wonder if two partners with vulvas could put it between them (similar to a double-sided dildo) and have a good time. Since I have no other vulva in my life other than my own, I’ll leave that to my imagination and anyone out there who’d like to try it for themselves.
Using the Rhea
I love a wide head on a vibrator because sometimes the last thing my clit needs is direct attention. She’s just too damn sensitive for all that. But a big tip means I can attack from the top or bottom and still feel the vibrations through my clitoris.
On the lowest setting, it felt really good. Like…really good. Pleasure emanating from the center of my body, building through every nerve-ending, exploding out of my entire body good. But it wasn’t enough to get me off as quickly as I’d like. (I’m not exactly known for my patience, y’all.)
I cranked it up, and the orgasms began rolling in.
The first one was pleasant. A quiet release.
The second one was more intense.
By the third and fourth, I was locked in a battle between my greedy babygirl self who mentally screamed, “More! More! More!” and my clit who begged me to stop.
And that’s when I learned I could clamp my thighs down over the Rhea and increase my
suffering pleasure. (Yes, I really am a masochist, especially with orgasms. I want more, and I want it to hurt, but I also don’t want it to hurt, but I don’t want it to stop.)
All of this happened with the wand massager tip. I used the sides of the head and ignored the pointed end. That definitely would have been too much. I don’t know how many times I orgasmed, but I know I was grateful I put a towel down beneath me. Gushing, y’all. Squirting. WET orgasms.
And what about the G-spot end?
It was…nice. But it wasn’t my favorite. Not because it didn’t work well or feel good. But because why would I settle for anything other than my favorite when I have the choice?
About V for Vibes
V for Vibes is a boutique-style sex toy store that caters (primarily) to cis women. A lot of their products are vibrators, but you’ll also find anal toys and dildos, plus condoms and lubricant.
If you’re trying to build up your sex toy collection, they have sex toy kits that bundle up a couple of items together.
When you don’t know what specific vibrator you want, but you know what you need it to do, they can help there, too. Choose from “small and mighty” vibrators or “the most powerful vibrators” based whichever appeals to you most.
They currently only ship within the US, Canada, and the UK. Shipping is discreet.