When the Submissive Leads the Transition from Vanilla to D/s LB096

1. SantaJoe says:

Interesting point of view.

I am still trying to learn to be a Dominant and be respectful to a willing submissive to make the relationship fulfilling for us as a couple.

My last relationship I was involved in for twenty years began in a manner that I thought D/s would develop but my submissive decided she did not want to be submissive because she felt it was demeaning and that it made her a doormat.
    I was at a loss to change her point of view and I continued my interest in D/s without involving her. This led to the demise of our marriage. I did not attempt to Dominate others but talked with submissives about what I would enjoy hoping to find a doorway to entice my wife into being my submissive.
    These conversations upset my wife and over time deteriorated her trust in me. We are now going through divorce.
    I do not want to repeat the same mistakes.

I am so sorry that happened. Relationships have definitely ended over an incompatibility with kink. Good luck in the divorce process (sometimes it’s not pretty) and I hope you’re able to find a relationship that works for you at some point in the future.

• Pixie says:

I’m so sorry that your last relationship went wrong and you did not get what you needed from it. But I would just say if someone is not into it , no mater how or what you do to try change their mind or out look , its not going to happen. They cant make themselves like or enjoy it, even if they love you with their whole heart. I hope you find what you are looking for this time around 🙂

2. Nomad says:

This post is spot on! I am a new Dominant and I will have to share this with my sub because we are struggling with figuring things out. I’m pretty sure that it’s mostly communication.

3. herwolf says:

I’d say this isn’t just an issue for new dominants. Even clicking with a sub that is outside the “norm” this is all very good advice.

That’s good to know. I’m not always sure how much of the “newbie” info still holds true once you gain some experience. But it makes sense because every relationship is different. 🙂

4. Pixie says:

Hmmm this was really interesting listening! As always well thought out and presented with care and feeling!

I kind of lead my ex to D/s in the fact I went to fetish clubs, learned about it, figured out I’m sub, took him and he wanted to be a Dom. It was not a good relationship and ended badly. (To say the least) . But i have seen first hand how a sub can take a new person to the life style and how they can grow in to each other and learn together! It’s beautiful to watch!

Pixie X

Thank you, Pixie! And when in a healthy relationship, I agree, a submissive can lead a relationship into something wonderful and beautiful. 🙂

5. Kinky Kat says:

Kinkdar! ????????

1. August 20, 2021

[…] When the Submissive Leads the Transition from Vanilla to D/s (episode 96) […]