How to Set Fitness Goals | Fit for Kink
For this week’s Fit for Kink video, instead of talking about achieving goals, let’s discuss how to set fitness goals. I think these tips apply to any goal setting, but since our focus is fitness and weight loss so we can do our kink, thats what I went with.
I consider myself a very goal-oriented person, and these are the things I do to set and achieve my personal and professional goals. Hopefully, they’ll help you, too!
In this video:
- Trying to set goals that aren’t specific enough get overwhelming very fast.
- To set yourself up for success, try these steps:
- Figure out your big, overall goal. What is the thing you ultimately want to happen?
- Break down that big goal into smaller pieces.
- Create a timeline for how long you think it might take. Be prepared to adjust this timelines as you deal with the reality of your situation. Adjustments do not equal failure.
- Think of what you need to do to achieve this smaller goal. Eat a certain amount of calories. Do a specific type of exercise.
- Make a list of all the things you think you have to do to achieve your goal. Pick 1 to 3 to try for a month. Plan to add more as you develop new habits.
- Start the process and realize it’s going to be hard and there will be days that you forget or don’t feel like it.
- When you “mess up” or fall off the wagon, start again the very next day or meal.