The Responsibilities of a Dominant and a Submissive LB044
John Brownstone joins Kayla Lords for episode 44 where they discuss the different types of responsibilities a Dominant and a submissive can have in a relationship.
In this episode:
- Get a free book on Smashwords! July 2016 only.
- Responsibilities to your relationship aren’t a kink thing, they’re a people thing.
- Some responsibilities are definitely D/s, though.
- John Brownstone discusses his responsibilities in our relationship.
- Helping me.
- Taking care of me when I’m sick.
- Financial responsibilities
- Helping me achieve my personal and professional goals.
- Taking care of his “toy”
- My responsibilities as a submissive are just as important.
- Making sure my tasks are completed.
- Making sure I keep myself healthy and whole – which at this point means I’ll be meeting with a therapist to deal with some of the mental gunk that’s been weighing me down.
- Communicating my needs and when something is wrong.
- Our biggest responsibility is to each other – to take care of the other in the best way we can.
- Those responsibilities are no less important when life gets stressful and hectic.
- In the crazy moments life throws you, sometimes your D/s relationship and sense of responsibility is the only moment of calm you have. Cling to it like a life preserver.
- Sometimes that responsibility is too much, and one or both of you won’t be able to maintain it. There is no right answer.
Links from the show:
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!