Does a Submissive Have to Change in D/s?
We (kind of) get where this question comes from — submissives are seen to bend to the will of their Dominant partner, submissive training and behavior modification are tools used in some D/s relationships. But the question is flawed and led to All The Thoughts. Here’s what we think about the idea of a submissive needing to change to have a successful D/s relationship.
In this episode:
- Check out our interview on a recent podcast episode of Spank U, Next!
- The site has been glitchy but its being fixed.
- We know about problems with podcast feeds, specifically Spotify. We’re working on it.
- Question we received in our DMs: How much does a submissive need to change for a successful D/s relationship?
- Any successful relationship is figuring out the Venn diagram of both partners wants, needs, boundaries, limits, and then focusing on the overlap. Each person needs to be able to be who they are, generally.
- Submissive training doesn’t mean changing who you are.
- Both partners may need to “change” by learning new skills or new ways of thinking about relationships.
Thanks to our patrons: Kathryn B., Gina L., Chris R., Sassy, Nikki G., Musiclover88, Lisa B., Shelbie Rie, Myrinarose, saturnreturn1, 0MistressMine, Skyler, Luke Noir, Karena T., Jessie81, Rebecca T., Arcelia Xelph, kraehenfrau, Christina B., Lady Dragon, Selene, Love2BeBound, Hadley P., Lady Blooding, HisSweet, Lauren, wen, C Stevens, Jace , Matty H., Tom Kat, Teishu_CM, CSparks, Mr Spock, Tiger Candy, Fae Brambles, Jake K., Wildkitten, Captain Vanilla, Jenn D, puddles, KitKat, PathGirl , Eva G., Amy B., Janie K., The Artful Mother
Links from the episode:
Our interview on Spank U, Next (Spotify) | The podcast is available on all major podcast apps.
Our mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!