The Difference Between Dom and Sub vs Top and Bottom
We get asked all the time what the difference between a dominant and submissive vs a top and bottom is. We’re not claiming to have all the answers, and labels are inherently personal. At the same time, some people see certain activities as inherently Dom or sub instead of the top/bottom things they (often but not always) are. So let’s talk about it!
In this episode:
- We’ll be at the Woodshed Holiday Event on December 7 in Orlando (3pm to 7pm)
- People ask us (all the time) whether they can be a bottom in certain kinks if they’re a top or if they can top their Dom as a submissive
- What does it mean to be Dominant or submissive
- What does it mean to be top or bottom
- Why how you feel about the role AND the activity matters
- Rethinking what an activity “means” in terms of power and control
Links from the episode:
Woodshed Holiday Event info (on Fetlife)
Our new mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!