Managing Expectations in D/s
A conversation with John Brownstone to help manage our expectations of the upcoming sale of our home led to this idea. It’s easy to have a picture in your mind of what you want to happen (in D/s or the rest of your life) or what you think might happen. But nothing is ever a guarantee, and its best to manage your expectations so that you’re not disappointed when your best-case scenario (or the D/s fantasy in your head) doesn’t work out.
In this episode:
- The Butters is our sponsor!
- Managing expectations within your D/s relationship is about communication
- Optimistic people may have to temper their hopes
- Cynical or pessimistic people may be pleasantly surprised
- We all have expectations of what might happen — in a BDSM scene, in an upcoming LDR visit, when planning something new, and simply within how our relationship will work. But sometimes those expectations aren’t grounded in reality.
- Expectations will need to change as you learn new information and gain experience.
- We hope for the best and plan for the worst.
- Yes, you can still be surprised (good and bad) when trying to manage your expectations, but it also helps alleviate unpleasant surprises.
Links from the show:
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!