Assumptions and Communication in D/s Relationships LB143
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:04:40 — 43.2MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
This week’s topic isn’t exactly new, but we received enough messages with a common theme that we decided to talk about it again. It’s normal to make assumptions in life — even in D/s. What we need to do more often is challenge those assumptions. In our relationships, it’s often a communication issue. But in the BDSM lifestyle, it’s usually about what we consider “typical” even though there’s no such thing.
In this episode:
- Check out our sponsor: Delirium Toys
- Enter our 3rd anniversary giveaway!
- Buy some kinky fuckery at our shop and save!
- You know what you get when you assume.
- Most of the questions we get from people are based on assumptions they’re making — how their partner feels, how they think they should feel, or what they think is supposed to happen.
- Never assume. Always ask.
- Even after years together, you can still be wrong about what the other person wants, thinks, or needs.
- When you find yourself thinking, “I’m sure they think/feel…” stop and talk to your partner.
- The assumptions we make about what D/s is supposed to be like are just as bad. Sometimes those assumptions lead us down a path that’s not right for us.
- There is no single right way for anything. There’s only what’s right for you and your relationship right now.
Links from the show:
Enter the Loving BDSM Giveaway
The Kinky Fuckery Shop – Use code NEWSHOP to save 10 percent (August 2018 only)
Delirium Toys – Use code LOVEBDSM2018 to save 30 percent (August 2018 only)
The Wood Dom – Use code NEWSHOP to save 10 percent (August 2018 only)
Message or friend us on Fetlife
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!