What Does It Mean to Be Dominant or Submissive? LB133
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:15:56 — 50.3MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
This week’s episode is a big topic to wrap our arms around, and there’s no way we could cover every aspect of this in one episode. But it’s a start. We have very simple definitions of “Dom” and “sub” because the short answer is that it can mean whatever you want it to mean with whoever you’re with in a given moment.
In this episode:
- Everyone has a different definition of Dominance and submission.
- All definitions are valid as long as they have two components: consent and communication.
- Is there such a thing as a “natural” Dom or sub?
- Why deciding who’s “real” can be a problem.
- We shouldn’t try to be like any other kind of Dom or sub. Emulate things that speak to you but don’t compare yourself or your partner to others.
- Dominance and submission exist on a spectrum, just like everything else.
Links from the show:
Why We Need to Be Careful Who We Label a “Real” Dom or Sub (blog post)
Message or friend us on Fetlife
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!