Is it the Accent or the Person?

1. Her Painted Man says:

My submissive is a kiwi lass. I must confess, I adore the sound of her voice. She could read me a cook book and I would be a happy man. But I absolutely agree with you. It isn’t her accent, alone. The way she speaks is only a tiny facet of the entirety of her. An adorable tiny facet, to be sure, but only a wee bit of who and what she is. Maybe more lime the perfect ribbon on a gift than a kink…

2. May More says:

My man has a Scottish accent but has a knack for doing any accent really, bit like your ex. We have a laugh and a joke with the different accents but if he tries one when we having sex session I freeze – tell him to stop – cant bear if he sounds like someone different. Funny really ๐Ÿ˜‰

Certain “accents” do that to me, too, when JB tries them. For me, though, they’re usually the ones he does when he’s trying to be silly. The man turns me on, the silly voice does not, lol.

Now that sounds like it was a very fun time indeed.

I don’t think these things are a kink for me too but I do think that they are something that influences how attractive I find another person

4. Jo says:

I love the idea of accent-as-bonus. I feel the same way: Someone can have an amazing voice or accent, but if they’re a twat, I’m not going to be into them. If I’m already into someone AND they happen to have a sexy accent on top of it, it’s like the icing on the cake!

5. My first Dom and I were long distance partnership; that was sparked by something as superficial as me (semi-jokingly) being bashful about his race, and fueled by a deep baritone voice for which I would have done anything.

He wanted to go to school for voice acting, being in California, and frequently practiced voices just like your previous Dom. His Dom Voice was so perfect-ive (perfect and effective!) that even through a text I would MELT. But for me, it was more than just the Dom Voice. He would send me audio clips of school assignments or just random things he would practice and they would strike me to my core.

All in all, I can agree that for me it’s the voice AND the person, but I think I’m more susceptible to voice as the kink since it was what kick-started my whole first BDSM relationship.

That kind of connection to an accent would definitely make it more of a thing for me, too, I think. You’ve got such a positive connection with it that it makes sense to me. But yes, the person definitely makes a difference. ๐Ÿ™‚

Some accents do make me listen up sometimes but in general they donโ€™t do much for me, itโ€™s probably more about the tone used.