Using Labels to Figure Out Your Kink LB056
Kayla Lords hosts episode 56 and talks about labels, how they can help you figure yourself out, using them to find a community, and rejecting labels for different reasons.
In this episode:
- You can buy wooden paddles aka weapons of ass destruction made by John Brownstone!
- A listener asked about labels and how to figure out what kind of kinkster she might be.
- I’ve written about labels before for Kinkly, and people definitely have their own opinions about them.
- You can take a (not-at-all scientific) online test to learn more about your kinky desires.
- I’ve taken it and it seemed accurate. Don’t take the results as absolute fact, but use them to explore parts of your kinky nature you might not have been aware of.
- Labels are good for learning about kink and finding like-minded people, but everyone has their own definition of what a “type” of kinkster is: Master vs Dominant, slave vs submissive, littles, kittens, etc.
- Feel free to use as many labels as you want to describe yourself. I’m a submissive, babygirl, masochist, and whatever the hell else I want to be later.
- While using specific labels to find like-minded kinksters is one way to find your community, don’t reject other types of kinksters because they don’t fall into your category or group. We all have something to learn from one another, no matter how we experience D/s.
- Some people are very rigid about what a label means or how people who classify themselves should act. Watch out for that.
- You can reject a label or the use of labels if that feels right for you.
- I even ramble for a few minutes in the bonus section.
Links from the show:
What Kind of Submissive are You? – Article discussing labels
Kinkly’s Sex Dictionary – good for looking up what labels mean
Watts the Safeword – YouTube Channel
My Kink Relationship – Great video by Watts the Safeword
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!