Dealing with Drop for Subs and Doms LB039
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:52 — 81.6MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Kayla Lords and John Brownstone are together for episode 39 discussing both sub drop and Dom drop (yes, that’s a real thing): what it feels like, how to handle it, and how to help your partner.
In this episode:
- An amazing weekend quickly turned into the worst sub and Dom drop…ever.
- The details are still private but the affects were awful.
- Dom drop is just as real as sub drop.
- Sub space isn’t a prerequisite to dropping. It happens when the emotions/endorphins/adrenaline are very high.
- Drop doesn’t happen after every scene or every big moment.
- Everyone experiences drop differently: physically, emotionally, and mentally. Drop will be different for you each time you have it.
- Whether you’re a sub or Dom, you need to talk about how you feel and be honest with your partner.
- Taking care of each other will help you get through it.
- Aftercare helps, but it’s not always enough.
- Sticking with your routine is good, but leave some room for indulgences.
- Check in with each other and talk as much as you can.
- This isn’t the time to be stoic and pretend you’re okay.
Links from the show:
Sub Drop – A Newbie’s Experience (from 2012)
The Aftermath – Subdrop and Other Drama (from 2014)
Message or friend us on Fetlife
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!