What’s the Difference Between a Daddy and a Sir? LB032
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 48:46 — 68.8MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
John Brownstone and Kayla Lords team up again in episode 32. This week’s episode takes on a question from a listener: what is the difference between a Daddy and a Sir?
In this episode:
- Kayla announces her next book release: Kinky Love Notes is now available for pre-order and releases on April 14!
- John Brownstone discusses the early beginnings of Dominance and submission: Victorian era, Old Guard, and Gorean.
- Old Guard is known for being hierarchical. Leather families may be what most people are familiar with. Old Guard stems from WWII era.
- Victorian is known for being formal and “proper.” High protocol events and dinners are based on this time frame.
- Gorean is based on The Gor series by John Normal, a science-fiction/fantasy series of novels published in the 1960s. Many Master/slave relationships are built around the Gorean principles.
- Some people may think Marquis de Sade and his writings were a precursor to D/s but de Sade is best known for sadism and masochism, which doesn’t have to be a part of D/s.
- The Daddy Dom is a gentler, more nurturing type of Dominant.
- The more “typical” Sir is often stricter than a Daddy.
- Both want their submissive to grow and achieve their goals and dreams. The methods these types of Dominants use may differ.
- It is possible to acknowledge a nurturing side of your Dominance without using the term “Daddy.”
- It is also possible to acknowledge a giggly, silly side of your submission without calling yourself “babygirl” or a “little.”
- Kayla recounts the first time she called John Brownstone “Daddy.”
- John Brownstone has a clear Daddy side and a clear Dominant side. Often, the two sides co-mingle.
- The decision of whether to be a Daddy or not is personal. There is no right answer.
- Ultimately, forget the labels and formulate the relationship that is right for you and your partner.
Links from the show:
Kinky Love Notes: Amazon ♥ Smashwords
Message or friend us on Fetlife
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!