Free Use and Blanket Consent in Power Exchange
When we started researching this episode, we thought it would just be on the concept of sexual free use in power exchange. But there was so much more that we had to talk about instead. And yes, there were rants in this one.
In this episode:
- All of our digital products on Etsy are on sale for the rest of January!
- Evie Lupine has a great video on blanket consent, free use, and consensual non-consent – which is where we got these definitions. Watch her video to get her full views.
- Blanket consent: consent is negotiated once and then assumed from there.
- Safewords are sometimes only used in true emergencies.
- It’s not uncommon for submissives to have fewer limits.
- Advanced level power exchange, usually seen in very long term relationships with a lot of trust and understanding of each other
- Can attract predators
- Might need to only be fantasy or roleplay for some who are drawn to it.
- Irrevocable consent is the next “level” up from blanket consent. Consent can never be withdrawn without ending the relationship.
- Free use (kink definition)
- Consent is assumed after initial negotiations.
- Submissive is meant to do whatever the Dom wants because the submissive “belongs” to the Dom.
- Often used in sexual terms, but not necessarily.
- Free use may only be between Dom and sub or it may mean that Dom is allowed to share their sub. It’s important to make this distinction clear when negotiating this type of relationship.
Links from the episode:
BDSM 101: Free Use, Blanket Consent, CNC (Evie Lupine’s video)
Understanding Sexual Submission (episode 160) – one place we’ve talked about sexual availability aka sexual free use
Our mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!