Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:18:20 — 81.9MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
We’ve mentioned the concept of kink-shaming in many episodes, but we’ve never really focused on it as a topic. So let’s do that now!
In this episode:
- According to Brene Brown, shame grows with three elements: secrecy, silence, and judgement
- Kink-shaming tends to be full of judgement but it can lead to people feeling like they have to be secretive and silent – something many of us understand from having been kink-shamed ourselves.
- What is kink-shaming
- What is NOT kink-shaming – safety concerns, issues of consent
- How we’ve experienced kink-shaming in the past.
- Why kink-shaming is harmful
Thanks to our patrons: Mr. Spock, Teishu, wildkitten306, Jenn C., HisSweet, Captain Vanilla
Links from the episode:
Our mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Become a proud cricket on Patreon
Message or friend us on Fetlife
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!