Thinking of Kink as a “Practice”
We said it in a past episode and it stuck with us, so let’s talk about it: consider thinking of your kink life as a practice, similar to the way people think of yoga as a practice. How does that work? In this week’s episode, we’ll go through some philosophies in yoga that correlate very clearly with kink, BDSM, and power exchange.
In this episode:
- This week’s sponsor is the Butters Hygienics Company!
- It’s a practice because the work never ends.
- Learning is continuous
- Putting in effort more than once — over and over again
- The opposite of easy/quick fixes — proof there is no shortcut
- Some days are harder than the day before. Some are easier.
- It’s a journey
Thanks to our patrons: Chris A., Mr. Spock, Teishu, Matt A., Kitty K., wildkitten306, and Jenn C.
Links from the episode:
The Butters Hygienics Company
Why Yoga is Called a Practice (reference article)
Why It’s Called a Yoga Practice (reference article)
Podcast Episode: Why It’s a Journey
Our mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!