Taking Care of Each Other When You’re Apart
(Some) Dominants want to protect their partner, and (some) submissives want to take care of their partner. But when you have to be apart — either temporarily or as part of a long distance relationship — it can be tough. We share our thoughts on how to take care of each other in your D/s relationship even when you’re separated by miles.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is sponsored by The Cage!
- Enter to win our 4th anniversary kinky fuckery giveaway!
- We’re running a separate contest on Patreon to see if we can get to 100 kinky patrons!
- Question from listener on how to “protect” their partner while not out to their family, working a dangerous job, and they’ll be apart for a few months: “so much of her life is out of my control. This drives me absolutely crazy with worry, and also makes me feel useless as a dom. Who am I if not her protector? What can I do about this? She’s 3 years older than me, and by all means can take care of herself, but I still feel like I’m not doing my job.”
- Conversation with submissive who worried about her Dom who went silent — a few things she did to make sure he was okay.
- Keep lines of communication open.
- Learn how to listen. Offer advice when requested — just like touching someone, offering advice needs the consent of the other person.
- Be supportive.
- Lean into your D/s if either of you find that it helps alleviate stress.
Links from the episode:
The Cage — use code Loving BDSM and get two weeks of Premium free!
Enter the Kinky Fuckery Giveaway (open August 2019 only)
Our new mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!