D/s Can’t Fix a Broken Relationship LB147
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:15:48 — 51.4MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Fair warning…this week’s topic brings out all of the ranting. Can D/s be an amazing thing in an imperfect relationship where both people want to and can make it work? Absolutely! Will D/s be the magic potion that fixes everything that’s wrong? Nope. Let’s talk about it.
In this episode:
- D/s can enhance a relationship. It can even make it stronger and more resilient.
- But D/s cannot fix a relationship already beyond repair.
- We don’t always see how bad things are at first until we get very honest with ourselves.
- It’s normal to want to fix the relationship and make it last.
- But if both sides won’t put in the work required and aren’t willing to get real with themselves about their own shortcomings, D/s can’t fix it.
- D/s might be perfect for your relationship but make sure it’s the right kind of dynamic and power exchange that fits you both. If you’re trying to fulfill a stereotype of what you think D/s is, you’re setting yourself up for difficult challenges.
Links from the show:
4 Things D/s Won’t Magically Fix in Your Relationship (blog post)
Message or friend us on Fetlife
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!