Deciding Who’s Real and Who’s a Fake in the Online BDSM World LB141

1. littlewinnie says:

Great topic, great job. This is all too real for so many people.

Thanks. And you’re right, which is why it’s so harmful when someone comes along and pretends to be someone they’re not.

• littlewinnie says:

It is harmful! Its the biggest mind fuck too. Sticks with you forever.

Yep, makes it hard to trust anyone else in the future and you end up doubting yourself. Which is why we emphasized listening to your instincts when something doesn’t seem right. It’s not a perfect solution, but hopefully people can walk away from the situation trusting their own judgement.

2. Clara says:

Thank you for another amazing episode! You gave helpful advice and skillfully discussed a very real issue
    Good job 🙂

3. Daddy (david) says:

Enjoyed your show! I might add the ‘kink shamer’ to your list. The ‘expert’ who trashes others ‘non-purest’ style of living 24/7 D/s or M/s in RL as somehow inferior to some standard. When upon investigation it is revealed they have no portfolio other than an on-line fantasy with “Master INCOGNITO” or Gor or whatever.
    Not long ago, I came to accept and understand the importance “on-line” D/s relationships and BDSM sex play connections play as a vital part of the BDSM community. For some its all they got. But its not REAL LIFE. Real life would be holding your submissive love in your arms as she dies, [Thanks for the chance to vent].

4. Brittany says:

Listened to this older episode but…wow! I ignored my gut this past weekend and while I don’t know if the guy I went out with was necessarily a “fake”, he was definitely not as experienced as he claimed to be. He did not have the appropriate respect for limits and safe words as an experienced Dom would and as a result, I was injured more than I should have been. I said “buh bye” to him!! When he asked me why I didn’t want to play again I said “I have concerns around your respect for limits and safe words.” And his only response was that he hopes to one day change my mind because “I had such a great time with you”….boy BYE.