How to Walk Away from a D/s Relationship LB107
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:08:33 — 46.5MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
This week we talk about how to handle the end of your D/s relationship when you’re the one choosing to walk away. We don’t spend a lot of time on the reasons why you might end a relationship but we do share our thoughts on different ways to handle and take care of yourself in the process. Because of the seriousness of abusive relationships, we purposefully chose not to focus on this topic. Our intention is to do a an episode specifically on BDSM and abuse in the future. Please know that this episode assumes that your relationship is primarily a safe one.
In this episode:
- Your reasons for leaving your D/s relationship are your own and they are valid.
- Talk to your partner. Don’t ghost on them.
- Be prepared for an emotional reaction – from them and yourself. It may hurt more than you anticipated. But it might hurt a lot less, too.
- Practice self care for as much and as long as you need to.
- Deciding between letting go slowly or ripping off the band-aid depends on multiple factors, not the least include whether either option is good for YOU.
- Taking care of yourself and making the right decisions for yourself isn’t an excuse to be mean or cruel. Be firm but kind.
Links from the show:
6 Ideas for Self Care After a D/s Relationship Ends (blog post)
Message or friend us on Fetlife
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!