Fantasy vs. Reality: Cut or Torn Clothes

1. LilBeth says:

We read John Warren’s “Safe, Sane, Consensual and Fun” which had a similar scene idea. A few days to a week later, when I was in some of my older grubby yard work clothes I was surprised late in the afternoon by being grabbed and shoved into a wall, my Sir growling in my ear. I can’t remember what he said but it was sexy and commanding, and I knew he was taking what was his. He literally cut the clothes off of me. We’ve never discussed knife play, but I know he is very careful with his leatherman and he knows I will freeze rather than fight or take flight. He knew I liked the shirt I was wearing so he used it to trap my hands and cut all the other clothing off of me. Not everything in the scene went perfectly but we both had a lot of fun.

I love this…he knows you well enough to have an idea of how you’d react while also knowing that shirt was important to you. Those kinds of things allow for spontaneity in a way that people who’ve just met can’t always get. That’s awesome!!

2. Mrs Fever says:

Let’s just say that spending my formative years bare-floor poor definitely left its mark.

Intentionally ruining clothing could probably be qualified as an anti-kink for me. (If there is such a thing.) Because clothes are expensive, dammit! Even the “cheap” ones. (And I know from cheap; thrifty is a concept I learned young, and one I have spent a lifetime practicing.) Wastefulness is also something that stresses me out. So the two combined? Nope, not my kink.

I can understand why people find it hot though – the power play, the desperation – and I actually *just* had an “a-ha” conversation with one of my good friends on this topic, re: fear, which I will delve into on my own blog at a later date.

You make great points about “reality” – it never looks/feels quite like the fantasy, but fantasies are fun to explore. 🙂

I’m not sure I could have done the whole ripped panties thing if they hadn’t been ready to throw away for that reason…clothes cost money and money can be in short supply. Of course, as I’ve been thinking about this topic myself, I’ve realized why it’s not something I seek out even after that one really good scene – it’s too much like roleplay, and that might be my anti-kink, lol. Can’t wait to read your take on the topic!

I am not sure it would be sexy for me if he cut one of my fav dresses or something but I do keep a little stash of undies and stockings just for this purpose.

Also the bit about tearing clothes made me chuckle. The movies make it look so easy when in fact it is remarkable difficult

SO. DAMN. DIFFICULT. I like to think I realize that what we see in media isn’t always real but that one really shocked me, lol

4. May More says:

The movies do make it look so easy – skimpy knickers and stockings are easy enough and a few buttons when tearing a shirt but like you guys I have a respect for money and this sort of thing will NOT be happening when i am in my best dress- so to speak 😉

Right?! I barely ever buy new clothes as it is, it’s DEFINITELY not going to get ripped off after I spend money on it! But the hole-filled lace thing I was about to throw away? Sure, rip to your heart’s content! 🙂

5. Great post! I also hate clothes shopping, so I would definitely want to wait for a set of clothes to be on their last threads before being cut or torn.