Burnout in Power Exchange and Kink
Towards the end of 2021, we both admitted to each other we were starting to feel burnt out – in our power exchange! While our relationship wasn’t the source of the burnout, it could have been a casualty of it. We’re sure we’re not alone, so let’s talk about it.
In this episode:
- Kayla’s book-themed (non-kinky) Etsy shop is “sponsoring” the episode.
- Yes burnout can happen in kink and to kinksters
- We recommend reading Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski
- Kayla read it to help have this conversation.
- We’ve each been through burnout before but not in kink
- Right before the holidays, we both admitted we were on the verge of it
- What can cause burnout – in our experience and from reading Burnout
- Overwhelming stress and exhaustion
- Not feeling appreciated/respected
- Feeling like nothing you do matters
- How near-burnout impacted our power exchange
- How to handle burnout
- Read Burnout
- Complete the stress cycle – deal with the stress even if you can’t deal with the stressor
- Figure out if you should give up or persist
- Find meaning
Thanks to our Patrons: Karena T., C & B, Jessie81, Rebecca T., Arcelia Xelph, Amy K., Kraehenfrau, Christina B., Rodney B., Lady Dragon, Selene, Steven M., Love2BeBound, Hadley P., Lady Blooding, HisSweet, Lauren, wen, C Stevens, Matty H., Tom Kat, Chanel M., Teishu_CM, Mr Spock, Tiger Candy, Fae Brambles, Jake K., Jessica G., Captain Vanilla, MasterMike8887, Jenn C, puddles, KitKat, PathGirl, Eva G., Shae W., The Artful Mother, Sam K., 0MistressMine, saturnreturn1, myrinarose, Glow Bug, Jay L., Shelbie R., Bigal, Lisa B., Sarah M.
Links from the episode:
Book Dreams Shop (Kayla’s Etsy shop)
Burnout on Bookshop.org (affiliate link)
Our mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!