Dealing with Feelings of Shame
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:18:13 — 79.8MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
While we don’t get into all the causes for shame in this episode, we also understand that it’s a heavy topic. Feel free to ignore or come back to this one later, if needed. While we thought we were going to talk about shame in a variety of ways, we ended up focusing on body image, sexuality, and kink specifically because of our own experiences with shame.
In this episode:
- This was suggested in live stream chat recently
- This isn’t about humiliation kink — we’ve done that topic
- We’re not going to get into details about where the shame may come from — it’s unlimited and may or may not be about people’s past traumas that are inherently personal.
- But those feelings of shame we carry around will have an impact on our power exchange.
- Communication is key, but so is trust.
- Time is a big factor in overcoming certain feelings.
- Sometimes what we need is professional help — therapy isn’t just for someone with a diagnosed mental illness.
Thanks to our shout-out level patrons: Cdc, Chris A., Fairy, Jessica G., and Mr. Spock
Links from the episode:
Kink Aware Professionals Directory
Friday night (October 2) YouTube Live Stream at 9:30PM EDT (video will not be available after the stream)
Our mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Become a proud cricket on Patreon
Message or friend us on Fetlife
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!