Consenting to Activities You Don’t Love But Your Partner Does
This is kind of a weird one. It can be an overwhelmingly fun experience and an opportunity for growth when you do something your partner enjoys that you wouldn’t necessarily choose for yourself. On the other hand, it can also be a sign of toxicity in a relationship. As always, it’s complicated and there’s no single right answer to this one.
We share our experience with trying new kinds of kinky fuckery and sensation and (as always) talk about the importance of trust and communication in D/s.
In this episode:
- Thanks to our sponsor The Cage!
- Nominate us for the Podcast Awards
- Our anniversary is coming up and there WILL be a giveaway in August!
- Consenting to something you don’t really enjoy but know your partner wants — it’s a personal choice
- Both partners need to get their needs met, so this shouldn’t be the only kind of activity you do together
- Communication — before, during, and after — is mandatory
- Open yourself up to new experiences and new connections
- Be mindful of manipulation from a bad partner
- This shouldn’t violate your hard limits.
Links from the episode:
The Cage — use code Loving BDSM and get two weeks of Premium free!
Our new mailing address is: PO Box 434, Ocala, FL 34478
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!